Monday, April 5, 2010

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes..."



I apologize that it has been so long since my last update...I hate to say yet again as an excuse that things have gotten crazy, but I would be lying if I said something different..I often just get so caught up in daily things like running errands, packing because I literally travel every other day, classes, and then just trying to take some time for myself...the day just constantly gets away from me!

So an update on my life...lets see...I went to Altar Boyz Opening Friday Night and Ryan Turner picked me out of the audience and sang a whole ballad to me...it was pretty much perfect...gotta love getting pulled up on stage by one of your best friends :)

Saturday morning was an absolute blast...many of you don't know but I have been working on writing some songs for about the past year. It started off about two years ago when I started messing around with lyrics and decided I would be really interested in making them into songs...so I started learning how to play guitar and know my basic chords, but am not exactly good enough to compose my own songs quite yet. So I contacted a friend of mine, Berit, who I met in my Freshman year, who I knew was an incredible guitar player...and asked her if she would be interested in turning my lyrics into songs...and sortove becoming a songwriting team. So over the course of this past year, we have written about 6 songs and are working on a few currently as well...so a couple of weeks ago, my manager contacted me asking if I had any original songs because if so, she wants me to submit them for a new project...if we are picked for this, we get interviewed and play our song live...I am not hoping for anything, as I am just honored in general to have even been able to record my first original song!

Then I was headed to the airport Saturday afternoon for a flight to Orlando, Florida! It's time I get some actual relaxation and personal time for me...been laying out by the pool, went shopping and bought a new suit...just loving the fact that I get to relax for once...what is the chance of that?

Hope everyone that celebrated Easter had a great day and everyone else had a fantastic weekend! Miss you all and will keep you posted more frequently! I promise!

xoxo
~B

No comments:

Post a Comment