Monday, February 1, 2010

Time to prove to the world, I am someone not to forget...

What a day...I am exhausted, but did not want to keep everybody hanging on what happened this afternoon, especially since I will be gone all day tomorrow again for a voice lesson, and some errands.

So today was AUDITION DAY!! :) I auditioned for the two main casting directors at ABC family, Barbara Stordahl and Angela Terry at Hollywood Production Studios in Glendale. It is a huge building with just a bunch of studios inside...I loved walking in there cause there were movie posters all over the walls, and posters of my FAVORITE TV shows...felt pretty surreal to say the very least.

There were about 6 girls in the waiting room when I got into the studio, and a few coming out as I entered (saw a girl I recognize from Suite Life of Zach and Cody episodes). So I checked in with my name, role I was auditioning for, agency and time. Everyone was waiting anxiously in the waiting room for their name to be called, some girls with their mothers, others without...then the name before me was checked off and it was my time to shine...I entered the office which was literally the size of next to nothing. It included a desk, and two chairs...thats about it. One casting director sat behind the desk watching me, and the other sat in a chair in front of me to read the scene opposite with me...they asked me a few questions about myself and then had me do scenes 1 and 3 for Becca. I felt confident about it...especially because it was my first audition...I honestly, am just proud of myself for going in the first place! Then they said great job, nice meeting you, and we will be in touch. And that was it! The big audition I had spent DAYS working on and fretting over, was literally done in a series of 3 minutes tops. Welcome to my career!

I really do believe that this first audition came at the perfect time...this past week has been really hard for me in that I have been having a lot of doubts, which is incredibly rare for me...I am usually the one you see constantly sure of herself, and confident as ever about what she wants...but I just had this fear that maybe this isn't what I am supposed to be doing and what am I doing here? But today reassured me of all that I have worked for...I CAN do this, and I deserve to be here going after what I have always wanted. If anyone can do it, it's me...time to keep going...

A lot of people have been asking me for advice lately, as far as going after your dreams and what you want, and having the guts...but to be honest with you all, you have to want it more than absolutely ANYTHING in this world, and you must be willing to commit your full self to this passion every second of every day and focus on your craft...and you must be willing to give up a lot...I am in that process, and I really do believe it will be worth it...but is it hard to believe that now? Yes. It is hard work and in this stage, we often never get credited for it...Thankfully, I am surrounded by an AMAZING support system...both near and far...one of the people who has impacted my life in the most positive way possible I think about almost every second of every day just to keep myself going and stay motivated knowing this is me, and this is who I am...Shannon being that person, someone who has mentored me my entire life, may be incredibly far from me in distance, but she is always in my heart...I think that the biggest think I can tell anyone who is going to go after their dreams, is to make sure that the people you depend on are behind you...because when you are stumbling, they will be the ones you need to fall back on and who will push you back up...

And I think the second biggest thing I can say is to enjoy what you have every moment of every day...we all sit around and wish, and dream but we never take a second and enjoy the actual time we have...and now that I am sitting here going after what I have ALWAYS wanted, but missing what I took for granted, there is nothing more I can instill in people than to love every day for what it is worth, and love the people who surround you...we are all incredibly lucky for what we have...a lot of us just fail to realize it...

Time for bed!

xoxo
~B

2 comments:

  1. yay bailey! i can't wait to hear how it all goes.
    give me a call as soon as you plan on visiting denver... i love you!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily!!

    I am actually coming home tomorrow to visit...I'd love you see you! Love you girly <3 xoxo

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete