Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wow...thank you to the people who made me believe...



Hi all!

SO sorry to have been so out of touch lately...the beginning stages are the busiest and have kept my days completely booked, and left me getting home late and being nothing but absolutely exhausted! Where did I even last leave off?!

Last week was a hard one for me...I think that I was so wrapped up in the excitement of coming out here, that I forgot to have my moment to be sad that I was leaving what I have called "home" since forever, and the people of whom I love more than anything...so it hit me for the first time this past week and I had a lot of days where I felt very homesick which is unusual for me...but with all the craziness here, and the feeling that I have to constantly be on the top of my game, I think I needed my moments to think back to my "regular" life even if just for a little while...It's funny because we all dream of what we want, and often never pursue it..but the few that have the guts, and take the risk and actually do pursue it, are the ones who get to really experience what it feels like...and what it takes. I never could have imagined in a million years how much work I have to put in daily to this...and is it hard right now? Absolutely. But each day I remind myself how worth it will be...

So a few days ago, monday night to be exact, my manager sent me the script to a pilot for a new ABC family tv series titled "Huge"...it is based off the book by Sasha Paley. It is about plus-size teens and finding self esteem...she also sent me the sides for two characters, and said she was going to fight to get me an appointment. I was ecstatic...but even when you have a manager, getting an appointment is incredibly hard. However, my manager called this morning and I have an appointment to audition for the role of Becca on Monday! I am THRILLED! And incredibly nervous! So I have another private coaching session monday morning with my coach Mary, and then its time to shine! Crazy right? I have been here two weeks and look what is happening...now, I don't expect anything because this is my first TV audition EVER...but, I will go and do my best and hope that they see something special in me...

So there you go...the latest here in LA. I will say that I am acutally honored to go audition for a series about plus-size teens...I have never been the skinniest girl...and I can remember for the longest time people telling me time and again how the only ones who can make it in this industry are the beautiful, thin girls...but I never let that statement stop me...and look where I am standing now...

xoxo
~B

5 comments:

  1. Break a leg on Monday! I think the role of "Becca" would be perfect - great name ;-) Love ya kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca!! I agree :) It would be PERFECT! Loove youu <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU BAILEY!

    I must say though, really bummed that I haven't gotten a blog update to hear how the audition went..

    haha its alright.
    love you honey!

    emily m
    hope everything is working out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too Em!! :)

    Posting it right now lovely girl...

    your the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bails! An L.A. girl, close to bubs and in the land of sun. Looking forward to seeing you on tv since you'll probably be too busy to visit us in person for quite awhile. Much love, antie

    ReplyDelete