Thursday, January 21, 2010

Surreal...

Hi All!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...it was rainy, I was exhausted, so Cindy (my mom's friend who we are staying with for the first two weeks), my mom, and I hunkered down for the night and had a girls movie night with tortilla soup, and brownies and ice cream afterwords! It was very fun :)

Picked up my headshots from Robert in Burbank this morning at 11:30, took them to CVS Pharmacy and got 4x6's of his favorites printed for Myrna (my manager) and then we had lunch with Cindy's daughter Dallas in Burbank since we had some time to kill...I love meeting more people in the area...starting to make me feel a lot more comfortable :) Then Mom and I drove up the hill to my manager's house in Hollywood Hills for my meeting with her at 3:30...

Today solidified that this is actually real. She picked out her top 5 from his 28 favorites...a quirky personality one, a commercial serious, and a commercial smiling one...an edgy one, and a "not so pretty one"...five very different selections! Then she had me fill out an information sheet...and here is the REAL kicker...I go up on ACTOR'S ACCESS tomorrow!! Can you believe it?! I am getting big time now! So exciting! So my 5 pictures will go up, along with my resume...I also have to get a work permit on Monday, and then as soon as my head shots get printed, Myrna starts submitting me and sending me out on calls...

In the meantime, while also auditioning, I will be taking acting classes with a private coach, as well as workshops here and there to keep on top of my game, and will also be getting a vocal coach...so much going on! But I am loving it :) Starting to finally getting in the swing of things...it all still seems so surreal...I wish I could explain the feeling...I mean, yes, I am still getting started, and will probably not be landing anything big for quite a while, however, I am getting my feet on the ground and getting started, and that is a big step and risk in itself...

Hope you all are enjoying reading as much as I am enjoying writing! :) Time for another movie night...enjoy the end of your week!

xoxo
~B

ps. if any of you have questions, please comment or message me! apparently since I live away from Denver now, everybody thinks I never want to talk to them anymore or that I am too busy! You are all wrong...I never get anymore phone calls unless its my manager! I still need my friends in my life...so please don't walk out on me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment