Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas!

After an 8 hour drive, we have arrived in the insane city of Las VEGAS!! What a day...

Mom and I woke up, went to breakfast and got on the road about 9:30...I took first shift and drove all the way through the remainder of Colorado and into Utah. You would all think that there would be NO policeman way out there in the middle of nowhere, but believe it or not, Bailey got pulled over for the first time :( Yep...a 16 year old driver getting pulled over for speeding...it was mom's influence! Luckily, the very nice highway patrol man gave me grace and only a warning...needless to say, I did not go over 75 the rest of the way...

So we stopped for a quick lunch, then hopped back on i-15, (did a shift change so now Mom was behind the wheel), I took a little nap, and before I knew it we were coming over the Nevada Border!

We pulled into the Las Vegas strip right at sunset and it was beautiful! But wow is it crazy down here...we were relieved to finally get into our room and just have some peace and quiet before we go out again. We are going to go get some dinner, see a show and then go up to the top of the stratosphere around 11 to see the strip all lit up and maybe roam about...should be fun!

Then only 4 more hours to my beautiful new home tomorrow! I hope you all are enjoying your long 3-day weekend...more to come tomorrow!

xoxo
~B

No comments:

Post a Comment